Mushroom Meatloaf with Spicy Tomato Sauce
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 large eggs
- 1 small shallot chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/3 cup almond flour or almond meal
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, thoroughly combine first 8 ingredients (ground beef through salt and pepper).
- Coat a large loaf pan with coconut oil then press beef mixture into pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until top of the meatloaf is brown and the inside is no longer pink.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients (tomato paste through chopped chives).
- Pour mixture over meatloaf then bake for 20 more minutes or until meatloaf is completely cooked and firm.
- Remove from oven and set aside for 10 minutes before slicing.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked sweet potatoes and steamed green beans. NUTRITION: 584 Calories; 44g Fat (68.4% calories from fat); 36g Protein; 10g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 234mg Cholesterol; 286mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 5 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!