Mushroom and Garlic Soup
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 medium leeks chopped (white and light green parts only)
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 3 pounds mushrooms chopped (any variety)
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup dry white wine or use vegetable broth
- 5 cups low sodium vegetable broth or use homemade
- 1/2 cup whole milk Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup goat cheese
- 6 slices baguette toasted
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add leeks and garlic; sauté for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add mushrooms, thyme, tarragon, salt and pepper; sauté for 5 minutes. Stir in wine and broth; cook for 20 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to a blender or food processor; puree until smooth. Return to saucepan and heat through. Stir in yogurt; cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until warm.
- Serve with goat cheese and baguette.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A relish tray of carrot and celery sticks, radishes, cucumber spears and whole black olives. VEGETARIAN: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure wine and broth are gluten free. Use gluten free baguette or bread. NUTRITION: 510 Calories; 16g Fat (29.1% calories from fat); 28g Protein; 61g Carbohydrate; 9g Dietary Fiber; 18mg Cholesterol; 1079mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 1/2 Grain (Starch); 2 Lean Meat; 3 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 2 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!