Molasses Lemon Chicken with Broccoli
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs chopped
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon raw honey divided
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 cups broccoli slaw
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 2 tablespoons full fat coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Place chicken in a large re-sealable bag.
- In a large bowl, whisk the coconut aminos, lemon zest, molasses, 1 teaspoon honey and salt and pepper to taste and pour the mixture into the bag.
- Seal bag and place chicken in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Thread chicken onto large skewers and place in a large baking dish and put in the oven. Bake for 5 to 10 minutes on each side until chicken is no longer pink inside.
- In a large bowl, toss the remaining 6 ingredients (broccoli slaw through lime juice) with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Serve chicken with salad.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed green beans. NUTRITION: 270 Calories; 6g Fat (18.2% calories from fat); 27g Protein; 33g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 95mg Cholesterol; 175mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 1/2 Fruit; 1 Other Carbohydrate.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!