Mexican Chicken Thighs
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 1/2 cup bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 cup tomatoes chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large crock cooker on the LOW heat setting, place chicken thighs.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (onion to pepper) on top of chicken and cover with lid.
- Cook for 6 hours. Serve hot.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Cauli-Rice (Process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork.) NUTRITION: 203 Calories; 7g Fat (28.7% calories from fat); 31g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 127mg Cholesterol; 157mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!