Meatball and Mushroom Soup
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 4 cups low sodium beef broth
- 1 14-oz. can full fat unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 large stalk celery chopped
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- In a large bowl, mix the first 4 ingredients (beef through thyme). Form meat mixture into meatballs.
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat coconut oil. To the oil, add the meatballs and cook on each side for 2 minutes, until brown. To the meatballs, add the remaining ingredients and stir.
- Cook for 20 to 30 minutes, until meatballs are no longer pink in the center and vegetables are tender.
- Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Salad of Mixed Baby Greens tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette in a large bowl, toss together mixed baby greens, sliced red onion and avocado. In a small bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 clove pressed garlic and a pinch each of dried basil and dried oregano; drizzle over salad and toss well. NUTRITION: 469 Calories; 33g Fat (62.9% calories from fat); 33g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 96mg Cholesterol; 144mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 5 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!