Marinated Sage Steak Salad
- 4 medium beef steaks of choice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons ground sage
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 4 cups arugula
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1 large avocado peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- In a large re-sealable bag, place steaks and the next 6 ingredients (olive oil through garlic). Mix well and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add steaks and cook for 3 to 7 minutes on each side, until steak reaches desired level of doneness. Allow steak to cool, then chop.
- In a large bowl, mix the steak with the lettuce, carrot and avocado.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the apple cider vinegar, avocado oil and coconut aminos and pour over the salad. Toss and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed asparagus. NUTRITION: 432 Calories; 35g Fat (70.7% calories from fat); 19g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 68mg Cholesterol; 74mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 5 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!