Marinated Ginger Steaks with Arugula and Carrot Salad
- 4 medium beef steaks of choice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 cups arugula
- 1/4 cup chopped fennel
- 1 1/2 cups shredded carrot
- 1/2 large avocado very ripe, mashed
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 clove garlic
- Place steaks in a large resealable bag. In a medium bowl, whisk the next 5 ingredients (olive oil through salt and pepper). Pour marinade over steaks and seal bag. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large baking sheet, place steaks and cook for 5 to 10 minutes on each side, until steak reaches desired level of doneness. Allow steaks to cool then slice.
- In a medium bowl, toss the steak with the lettuce, fennel and carrot. In a blender, blend the remaining 5 ingredients (avocado through garlic) with salt and pepper until smooth. Pour dressing over salad, toss and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Faux-tay-toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with ghee, salt, and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture). NUTRITION: 387 Calories; 29g Fat (64.6% calories from fat); 19g Protein; 16g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 68mg Cholesterol; 94mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 4 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!