Linguine with Spicy Sausage and Tomato Pesto
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 spicy sausages cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 large tomatoes chopped
- 3/4 cup grated fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- sea salt to taste
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 pound linguine pasta cooked according to package directions
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium high heat and sauté sausages 8 to 10 minutes until cooked through. Cut the sausages into 1 inch cubes.
- In a large blender, add remaining olive oil, garlic, tomatoes, cheese, basil, lemon juice and sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Add the linguine and pesto to the skillet with sausages and heat 1 to 2 minutes on low heat until warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed green beans and garlic toast. VEGETARIAN: Use soy sausage instead of spicy sausages. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure linguine is gluten free. NUTRITION: 496 Calories; 22g Fat (40.6% calories from fat); 14g Protein; 60g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 19mg Cholesterol; 190mg Sodium. Exchanges: 4 Grain (Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 4 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!