Lemon Pecan Chicken Wraps
- 2 large cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 large onion minced
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs chopped*
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth or use homemade
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 to 8 large leaves Romaine lettuce
- Place first 8 ingredients (garlic through lemon zest) in a large crock cooker; stir well to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours or until chicken is very tender and cooked through.
- Stir in pecans and lemon juice to the crock cooker then, using a slotted spoon, scoop chicken mixture into lettuce leaves and serve.
- *Partially frozen chicken is easier to chop.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” until tender; salt and pepper to taste then fluff with a fork). Add sliced cucumber on the side. NUTRITION: 355 Calories; 13g Fat (28.1% calories from fat); 29g Protein; 48g Carbohydrate; 29g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 193mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 8 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!