Lemon Basil Pork Tenderloin
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 large shallot minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 3-pound pork tenderloin
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, mix the first 9 ingredients (spinach through salt and pepper).
- Using a sharp knife, cut lengthwise down the tenderloin, without cutting all the way through.
- Spoon the spinach mixture into the tenderloin. Using cooking twine, wrap tenderloin closed very tightly.
- In a large baking dish, place the pork.
- Place pork in the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes on each side, until a meat thermometer reads 145 degrees.
- Remove pork from oven and let rest for 10 minutes then slice and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Stir-Fried Sliced Zucchini, Yellow Squash and Red Bell Pepper (To stir-fry: Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add sliced zucchini, yellow squash and red bell pepper; cook and stir until tender-crisp.) NUTRITION: 456 Calories; 15g Fat (30.7% calories from fat); 72g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 221mg Cholesterol; 177mg Sodium. Exchanges: 10 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; ½ Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!