Jalapeño Beef Collard Wraps
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 pound sliced steak
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 large jalapeños minced
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 6 - 8 large leaves collard greens
- 2 tablespoons diced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat coconut oil. To the skillet, add the steak. Cook for 5 minutes, until steak, is brown.
- In a small bowl, whisk the next 8 ingredients (salt and pepper through lime juice) until smooth.
- Pour sauce over steak and cook for 5 minutes, until steak is cooked to the desired level of doneness.
- Using a slotted spoon, spoon steak into collard leaves.
- Top steak with onion and cilantro and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTIONS: Zucchini Pasta (Julienne or cut large zucchini lengthwise into thin strips; stir-fry in a skillet coated with olive oil over medium-high heat until slightly limp.) NUTRITION: 356 Calories; 27g Fat (68.6% calories from fat); 18g Protein; 10g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 63mg Cholesterol; 60mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 4 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!