Horseradish and Orange Salmon
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 4 large salmon fillets
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 medium orange
- 1 teaspoon grated horseradish
- 1 large head cauliflower cut into florets and steamed
- 2 tablespoons full fat coconut milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Season salmon with salt and pepper then sear in the skillet for 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a large baking dish.
- Using a micro-plane, grate the orange rind over the salmon then sprinkle with grated horseradish.
- Slice the orange and arrange the slices over the fish. Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil; bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- In a large mixer, add the steamed cauliflower, coconut milk, salt and pepper; blend until smooth and serve with salmon.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad of mixed baby greens, sliced red onion, cucumber and avocado, tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION: 263 Calories; 11g Fat (37.4% calories from fat); 35g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 88mg Cholesterol; 125mg Sodium. Exchanges: 5 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!