Ham and Greens with Mashed Potatoes
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 cups cubed ham steak
- 1 large shallot diced
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 4 cups chopped kale
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 4 medium sweet potatoes peeled, cubed and steamed
- 2 tablespoons full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Prepare sweet potatoes (see recipe). Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add ham cubes and shallot; cook for 5 minutes or until ham has browned.
- Add next 4 ingredients (mushrooms through lemon zest); cook and stir for 10 minutes or until ham is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
- Place remaining ingredients (sweet potatoes through garlic powder) in a mixer.
- Blend until smooth then salt and pepper to taste. Serve with ham mixture.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Sugar Snap Peas with Oregano – Remove strings from sugar snap peas then place them in a skillet; cover with water and boil until water has evaporated (3 to 4 minutes). Add melted ghee to the skillet; cook and stir until snap peas are tender-crisp about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and toss with a little dried oregano. NUTRITION: 370 Calories; 11g Fat (25.9% calories from fat); 28g Protein; 41g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fiber; 53mg Cholesterol; 1550mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 Grain (Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!