Ground Turkey and Mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cups coarsely chopped mushrooms
- 1/3 cup low sodium chicken broth or use homemade
- In a large skillet over MEDIUM heat, add olive oil and turkey. Cook for 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add vinegar, mustard and garlic sautéing for 2 additional minutes.
- Stir in sage, thyme, mushrooms and broth. Cook for 3 minutes. Serve hot.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Roasted Veggies (Toss any root vegetable (except white potatoes) or combination – plus large Brussels sprouts halved lengthwise, cauliflower or broccoli (all should be the same size – beets take a little longer to cook) in olive oil, salt, pepper and choice of herbs/spices (if desired). Spread in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper; roast in a preheated 400-degree oven, turning once, until tender.) NUTRITION: 207 Calories; 12g Fat (52.1% calories from fat); 22g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 90mg Cholesterol; 183mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!