Grilled Chicken Skewers with Guacamole
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts cubed
- 1 large onion cut into wedges
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 large avocados peeled and mashed
- 1 medium jalapeño pepper seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- COOKING INSTRUCTIONS: Preheat grill to medium heat.
- In a large bowl, toss the first 5 ingredients (chicken through salt and pepper). Thread each ingredient alternately onto skewers. Place the skewers on the grill and cook for 5 minutes on each side, until chicken is no longer pink in the center and vegetables are tender.
- In a medium bowl, mix the remaining 5 ingredients (avocado through cilantro) and serve guacamole with chicken skewers.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed green beans. NUTRITION: 349 Calories; 20g Fat (50.9% calories from fat); 31g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 68mg Cholesterol; 103mg Sodium. Exchanges: 4 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 3 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!