Garlic Chicken with Squash Noodles
- 2 spaghetti squash
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast sliced
- In a 9x13 baking pan, place 2 spaghetti squash cut in half, face down.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 40 minutes. Remove the strands of squash with a fork and place in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a large skillet heat butter and oil over MEDIUM HIGH heat. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Then stir in parsley, basil, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to LOW setting and mix in lemon juice and chicken. Cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the shredded squash and stir until warmed through. Serve immediately.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Cauli-Rice (Process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork.) NUTRITION: 523 Calories; 31g Fat (53.4% calories from fat); 55g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 183mg Cholesterol; 691mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 7 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 5 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!