Garlic and Fennel Roasted Chicken
- 6 cloves garlic peeled
- 1 pound fennel bulbs sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil divided
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves 6-ounce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- On a parchment lined sheet pan, toss together garlic, fennel, half of the olive oil, salt and pepper; bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until vegetables are slightly tender.
- Season chicken with remaining olive oil, salt, pepper and thyme; place on top of vegetables. Reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees. Bake chicken for 20 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Remove from oven and serve.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked Hubbard squash and braised kale. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: 358 Calories; 9g Fat (24.3% calories from fat); 58g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 140mg Cholesterol; 377mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain (Starch); 8 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!