Fried Rice with Pork
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil divided
- 4 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 4 cups cold cooked rice
- 2 sausage links cooked and diced
- 2 large green onions sliced
- 2 large carrots cooked and diced
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- Beat the eggs with 1 teaspoon soy sauce and 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil.
- Heat a large frying pan on medium heat with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Pour in the eggs and swirl around to coat the bottom of the pan. When set, flip over onto a chopping board and cut into small square pieces. Take out and set aside.
- Heat pan again to high heat and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the garlic and fry for 3 minutes. Add the rice and 2 teaspoons of soy sauce. Fry on high heat for 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Now add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and the sausages and the green onions. Stir fry for 2 minutes. Add the carrots, peas and oyster sauce. Stir fry for another 2 minutes. Put the rice back in and stir to mix.
- Stir fry for 3 minutes or until the mixture is piping hot. Add the eggs, stir for 1 minute then turn the heat off. Serve hot.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccoli. VEGETARIAN: Use tofu instead of sausage. Omit oyster sauce if desired. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure soy sauce and oyster sauce are gluten-free. NUTRITION: 339 Calories; 16g Fat (43.2% calories from fat); 8g Protein; 40g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 77mg Cholesterol; 230mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 1/2 Grain (Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; ½ Vegetable; 3 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!