Crunchy Chicken Fingers with Honey Mustard
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Place yogurt, bread crumbs and flour mixed with paprika, thyme, and sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste in 3 separate bowls.
- Dip the chicken in the flour mixture, then yogurt, then bread crumbs.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat and sear chicken 4 to 5 minutes per side until cooked through.
- In a small bowl, add mustard and honey.
- Serve with chicken fingers.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Sweet Potato Fries(Peel sweet potatoes and cut into “fries”; toss with olive and bake on a cookie sheet in a preheated 425-degree oven, turning once, until tender; season to taste with salt, pepper and chili powder for Sweet Potato Fries) VEGETARIAN: Replace chicken with tofu. GLUTEN FREE: Omit bread crumbs or make sure it is gluten-free. NUTRITION: 435 Calories; 9g Fat (18.1% calories from fat); 60g Protein; 26g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 139mg Cholesterol; 785mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain (Starch); 7 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!