Crock Cooker : Chicken Fajitas
- 1 14.5-oz can diced tomatoes with green chilis
- 1 large red bell pepper sliced
- 1 large orange bell pepper sliced
- 1 large green bell pepper sliced
- 1 large onion sliced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 6 large whole wheat flour tortillas
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup salsa
- Pour half of the canned tomatoes into the bottom of a crock cooker and spread into an even layer. Top with half of the peppers and half of the onions.
- Sprinkle with garlic and top with chicken breasts. In a small bowl mix together chili powder, cumin, paprika, coriander, salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle half of the seasoning over chicken breasts then flip chicken and sprinkle in remainder. Top with remaining half of the tomatoes, then layer in remaining peppers and onions. Cover and cook on high heat 4 hours.
- Remove chicken and shred. Take out 1 cup of the broth in crock cooker and discard. In a small bowl whisk together lime juice and honey and add to crock cooker along with chicken.
- Toss together. Serve warm with tortillas, sour cream, cheese and salsa.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Sautéed zucchini, yellow squash, and red bell pepper. VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties instead of chicken breasts. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure canned tomatoes, tortillas and salsa are gluten free. NUTRITION: 486 Calories; 16g Fat (29.0% calories from fat); 45g Protein; 42g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 115mg Cholesterol; 897mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!