Crock Cooker: Chicken and Squash
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 cups butternut squash peeled and chopped
- 10 cloves garlic
- 1 large orange sliced
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth or use homemade
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 6 sprigs thyme
- In a large crock cooker, add all ingredients (chicken thighs through thyme).
- Set crock cooker on HIGH heating setting and cover with lid. Cook for 4 hours until chicken is cooked through. Serve while hot.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Braised Kale. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure chicken broth is gluten-free. NUTRITION: 122 Calories; 1g Fat (4.6% calories from fat); 8g Protein; 24g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 2mg Cholesterol; 270mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 1/2 Grain (Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!