Crock Chicken Curry
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 8 medium boneless skinless chicken thighs
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- Evenly spread chopped onion and bell pepper in a crock cooker.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper then arrange on top.
- Pour remaining ingredients (salsa through curry powder) over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours. Serve hot.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Cauli-Rice (see Day 3 directions) and a big green salad. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure salsa and curry powder are gluten free. NUTRITION: 107 Calories; 3g Fat (27.5% calories from fat); 6g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 8mg Cholesterol; 472mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!