Creamed Chicken and Spinach
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 bag baby spinach 10 ounce
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth or use homemade
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- In a large crock cooker, stir together all ingredients.
- Cover with lid and cook on HIGH heat setting for 6 hours.
- Take out chicken thighs and shred with fork. Stir back into crock cooker. Serve hot.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Zucchini Pasta (julienne or cut large zucchini lengthwise into thin strips; stir-fry in a skillet coated with olive oil over medium-high heat until slightly limp.) NUTRITION: 258 Calories; 20g Fat (67.8% calories from fat); 15g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 48mg Cholesterol; 1126mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 1 1/2 Lean Meat; ½ Vegetable; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 3 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!