Crab Cakes with Mushroom Stir-Fry
- 1 pound crab meat cooked and flaked
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 cups mushrooms sliced
- 1 cup kale chopped
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 small shallot diced
- 2 tablespoons parsley chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix the crab with the flour, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Form meat mixture into patties.
- In a large baking dish, place the crab cakes and place in the oven. Bake for 15 minutes on each side, until the outside is golden brown and the inside is warm.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, toss the remaining 5 ingredients (mushrooms through parsley) with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- To the skillet, add the contents of the bowl and stir. Cook for 5 to 10 minutes, until mushrooms and kale are tender.
- Serve crab cakes on top of mushroom mixture.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccoli. NUTRITION: 199 Calories; 6g Fat (26.6% calories from fat); 27g Protein; 10g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 101mg Cholesterol; 396mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!