Coconut Mushroom Drumsticks
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 2 pounds chicken drumsticks
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 cup full fat coconut milk
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place all ingredients in a large baking dish; blend well to combine. Cover baking dish with aluminum foil wrap then bake for 15 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Balsamic Sautéed Baby Spinach – Heat a little olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add thinly sliced garlic; cook and stir until fragrant. Add washed and dried baby spinach; cook and stir until slightly wilted. Remove skillet from heat; sprinkle with balsamic vinegar and freshly ground black pepper. NUTRITION: 326 Calories; 18g Fat (51.5% calories from fat); 32g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 123mg Cholesterol; 147mg Sodium. Exchanges: 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!