Coconut Lime Salmon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 6-oz. salmon fillets
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium jalapeno de-seeded and chopped
- 1/3 cup canned full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season salmon fillets with salt and pepper then place them in the skillet; cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Pour lime juice over salmon then remove from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add remaining ingredients (green onions through chopped tomato); cook until mixture starts to simmer then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To serve, pour sauce over salmon.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed green beans and a big green salad. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: 130 Calories; 9g Fat (58.5% calories from fat); 6g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 8mg Cholesterol; 198mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!