Coconut Leek and Artichoke Turkey Soup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 large leek chopped (white and light green parts only)
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1 pound boneless skinless turkey breast chopped*
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth or use homemade
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 14-oz. can full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot
- 2 cups frozen artichoke hearts
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- *It’s easier to chop turkey breast if it’s partially frozen.
- Melt the coconut oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add garlic, leek, oregano and turkey; cook for 10 minutes or until turkey is brown.
- Stir in remaining ingredients (broth through cumin); cook for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender and turkey is cooked through.
- Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Tomato-Avocado Salad: In a large bowl, toss together diced tomatoes and avocados, minced garlic, chopped red onion and cilantro, lime juice and salt and pepper to taste. NUTRITION: 293 Calories; 9g Fat (26.7% calories from fat); 34g Protein; 19g Carbohydrate; 8g Dietary Fiber; 70mg Cholesterol; 295mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain (Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 3 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!