Citrus Shrimp and Wild Rice Salad
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 lemons juiced
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 pounds shrimp peeled
- 2 cups wild rice cooked according to package directions
- 1/2 medium red onion minced
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- In a large bowl, add 2 tablespoons olive oil, garlic, red pepper flakes, juice of 1 lemon, sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste and shrimp. Marinate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes,
- In a large bowl, add wild rice, 4 tablespoons olive oil, juice of 1 lemon, red onion, basil and sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Stir to combine.
- In an indoor grill pan, over medium high heat grill shrimp 3 to 4 minutes until cooked through.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed Baby Carrots and Snow Peas. VEGETARIAN: Zucchini. NUTRITION: 483 Calories; 17g Fat (31.0% calories from fat); 39g Protein; 45g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 230mg Cholesterol; 229mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 1/2 Grain (Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 3 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!