Cilantro Marinated Shrimp
- 2 pounds medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup cilantro chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers de-seeded and diced
- 1 lemon juiced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven broiler.
- Place shrimp in a large zipper-topped plastic bag.
- In a food processor or blender, place first 5 ingredients (olive oil through salt and pepper); blend for 1 minute or until well combined.
- Pour mixture over shrimp then seal the bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Arrange marinated shrimp on a large metal baking sheet or broiler pan; broil for 2 minutes then turn and broil for 2 minutes or until shrimp are opaque.
SERVING SUGGESTION: White and wild rice pilaf and a big spinach salad. VEGETARIAN: Instead of shrimp, serve large baked potatoes garnished with your favorite toppings (butter, sour cream, cheese, chopped bacon, broccoli florets, etc.). GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: 254 Calories; 11g Fat (41.2% calories from fat); 34g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 235mg Cholesterol; 350mg Sodium. Exchanges: 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!