Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 boneless skinless chicken thighs cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 large red onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1 jalapeno seeded and chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn defrosted
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 4 corn tortillas cut into strips
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup grated Monterey jack cheese
- In a large slow cooker, first 9 ingredients (olive oil through salt/pepper) cook on low for 8 hours until chicken is cooked through.
- Preheat the oven to 400. Place tortillas on a large baking sheet and bake for 8 to 10 minutes until browned.
- Serve soup with tortillas, cilantro, lime and cheese.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big green salad. VEGETARIAN: Eggplant. GLUTEN FREE: Gluten Free tortillas. NUTRITION: 199 Calories; 9g Fat (36.4% calories from fat); 13g Protein; 21g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 10mg Cholesterol; 433mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain (Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!