- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1 tablespoon brown mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon tarragon
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large skillet over MEDIUM heat, melt butter and oil. Sear chicken breasts for 1 minute on each side, adding salt and pepper as they are turned over.
- Reduce heat to LOW heat setting and cover with lid. Cook for 15 minutes and remove to rest. Return skillet to MEDIUM heat setting and add half and half. Stir the bottom to scrape up brown bits and add mustard and tarragon. Cook for 5 minutes until sauce starts to thicken.
- Pour sauce over chicken. Serve immediately.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed green beans and faux-tay-toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with butter, cream cheese, and salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture). GLUTEN FREE: Make sure brown mustard is gluten-free. NUTRITION: 349 Calories; 13g Fat (34.3% calories from fat); 54g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 151mg Cholesterol; 240mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 7 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!