- 1 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 large onion sliced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 red chili pepper diced
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 8-oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth or use homemade
- 2 whole poached chicken breasts shredded
- 8 small low carb tortillas
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a large bowl, stir together the first 11 ingredients (chili powder through chicken broth). Now mix in shredded chicken.
- In a 9x13 baking dish, spread a small amount of the bowl mixture in the bottom. Lay tortillas to cover bottom.
- Then spoon in more bowl mixture to cover the tortillas. Sprinkle cheese on top and continue to layer, ending with the mix topped with cheese, until bowl mixture is gone.
- Cover with lid or foil and bake for 40 minutes in a 350 degree oven.
- Cut and serve immediately.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Mexi-Cauli-Rice (Process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste, toss with chili powder, chopped cilantro and chopped green onions to taste, and fluff with a fork). NUTRITION: 480 Calories; 23g Fat (42.6% calories from fat); 42g Protein; 27g Carbohydrate; 11g Dietary Fiber; 119mg Cholesterol; 675mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 3 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!