Chicken Cauliflower Chili
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion diced
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 large green bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed and diced
- 2 medium cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chicken
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 14.5-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 14-oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth or use homemade
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion, cauliflower, bell pepper and garlic; cook for 5 minutes.
- Add ground chicken; cook ground chicken and vegetables for 10 to 15 minutes, occasionally stirring and crumbling the meat, until ground chicken is browned.
- Stir in remaining ingredients (chili powder through broth) then reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 to 45 minutes or until vegetables are tender and ground chicken is cooked through.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. (See Day 1 instructions for dressing.) NUTRITION: 404 Calories; 22g Fat (48.4% calories from fat); 37g Protein; 16g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fiber; 134mg Cholesterol; 685mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!