Chicken and Veggie Pesto Stir-Fry
- 1 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast cubed
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 large parsnip chopped
- 1 large leek chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped basil
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- In a large skillet, heat coconut oil over medium heat. To the skillet, add the next 4 ingredients (chicken through leek). Cook for 10 minutes, until chicken is cooked through. Place chicken mixture into a bowl.
- In a blender or food processor, add the remaining ingredients (basil through lime juice) and pulse until smooth. Pour pesto over chicken mixture, stir and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTIONS: Roasted Veggies (Toss any root vegetable (except white potatoes) or combination – plus large Brussels sprouts halved lengthwise, cauliflower or broccoli (all should be the same size – beets take a little longer to cook) in olive oil, salt, pepper and choice of herbs/spices (if desired). Spread in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper; roast in a preheated 400-degree oven, turning once, until tender. NUTRITION: 303 Calories; 13g Fat (38.5% calories from fat); 29g Protein; 18g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 66mg Cholesterol; 103mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain (Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!