Chicken and Broccoli Lettuce Wraps with Guacamole
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 large onion diced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 large avocados peeled and mashed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 4 to 8 medium leaves Bibb lettuce
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. To the oil, add the chicken.
- Brown chicken for 3 to 5 minutes then add the next 4 ingredients (onion through salt and pepper).
- Stir and cook for 10 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
- In a medium bowl, mix the next 4 ingredients (avocados through lime zest) with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- In the lettuce leaves, evenly spoon the chicken mixture and top with guacamole. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Sweet potato fries (peel sweet potatoes and cut into “fries”; toss with olive oil and bake on a cookie sheet in a preheated 425-degree oven, turning once, until tender; season to taste with salt and pepper to taste). NUTRITION: 348 Calories; 23g Fat (55.9% calories from fat); 26g Protein; 16g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 95mg Cholesterol; 140mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 1 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 3 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!