Cabbage and Sausage Stir-Fry
- 1 pound pork sausage
- 1 small onion sliced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 large cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons raw honey
- 2 cups cabbage shredded
- 2 cups kale chopped
- In a large skillet with a tight-fitting lid, cook sausage meat over medium heat for 10 minutes or until browned.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a paper towel lined plate and set aside.
- Discard all but 1 tablespoon of drippings from the skillet and reduce heat to low. Add next 5 ingredients (onion through honey); cook for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add cabbage and kale; cover and cook for 5 minutes. Add cooked sausage meat; blend well then heat through; serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve baked sweet potatoes on the side. NUTRITION: 56 Calories; 1g Fat (10.0% calories from fat); 2g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 116mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!