- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves 4-oz.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red hot pepper sauce
- 3 teaspoons shredded part-skim Mozzarella cheese
- Flatten chicken breast halves to 1/4-inch thickness between two sheets of heavy duty plastic wrap.
- Heat the olive oil a large skillet with a tight-fitting lid over medium heat; add chicken and brown on each side.
- Combine barbecue sauce and hot pepper sauce; pour over chicken, turning to coat. Cook for about 15 minutes, turning once, until chicken is no longer pink in the center.
- A few minutes before removing from heat, sprinkle each chicken breast half evenly with shredded Mozzarella cheese; cover skillet to melt cheese.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked sweet potatoes and steamed green beans. VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure barbecue sauce and hot pepper sauce are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 172 Calories; 4g Fat; 27g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 66mg Cholesterol; 366mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 4
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!