Black Pepper with Chicken Thighs and Warm Greens
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Sea salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 large leek chopped
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 2 cups chopped collard greens
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In large bowl, toss the first 6 ingredients (chicken through garlic).
- In a large baking dish, pour the contents of the bowl and cover with aluminum foil. Place baking dish in the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Uncover baking dish, stir and cook for 10 minutes more, until chicken is cooked through.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat coconut oil. To the oil, add the remaining ingredients (leek, kale, collard greens) and cover. Cook for 5 minutes, until greens are tender. Serve warm with chicken.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Faux-Tay-Toes steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with grass-fed butter, salt, and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture. NUTRITION: 217 Calories; 11g Fat (42.7% calories from fat); 24g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 95mg Cholesterol; 129mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 1 1/2 Vegetable; 1 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!