Beef Burgers with Herbed Mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 2 cups chopped mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons low sodium beef broth or use homemade
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 beefsteak tomato cut into 4 thick slices
- 3 medium avocados pitted, peeled and sliced
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms, thyme and parsley; sauté for 10 to 15 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Form ground beef into patties then season each side with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- In the same skillet, heat remaining tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat.
- Add beef patties; sauté for 4 to 6 minutes per side or until they reach desired level of doneness.
- Remove them from the skillet and allow them to rest for 1 minute.
- To serve, layer as follows: a tomato slice, a beef patty, mushrooms and sliced avocado.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A relish tray of carrot and celery sticks, cherry tomatoes, cucumber spears and whole black olives. NUTRITION: 477 Calories; 38g Fat (70.7% calories from fat); 25g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 78mg Cholesterol; 91mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 5 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!