Beef and Broccoli Stir-Fry
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 pound beef steak of choice, sliced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 14-oz. can full fat coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. To the skillet, add the steak and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 3 minutes, to brown steak. To the skillet, add the next 4 ingredients (onion through broccoli). Cook for 10 minutes, then add the remaining 3 ingredients (coconut milk through cilantro). Cook for 5 minutes, until vegetables are tender. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Cauli-rice (process cauliflower in a blender of food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork). NUTRITION: 501 Calories; 44g Fat (77.5% calories from fat); 20g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 63mg Cholesterol; 64mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain (Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 7 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!