Balsamic Herbed Beef Meatloaf
- 1 1/2 pounds extra lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups chopped spinach
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix the first 8 ingredients (beef through thyme). Oil a loaf pan with coconut oil. Empty the contents of the bowl into the pan.
- In a small bowl, mix the balsamic vinegar, arrowroot and honey with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Pour balsamic mixture over meatloaf and cover.
- Place loaf pan in the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Uncover pan and cook for 15 minutes, until top is brown and the center is cooked through. Slice and serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed green beans and faux-tay-toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with grass fed butter, salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture). NUTRITION: 479 Calories; 32g Fat (59.9% calories from fat); 34g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 117mg Cholesterol; 134mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 3 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!