Baked Fish with Crispy Citrus Greens
- 4 large firm fleshed white fish fillets
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 cups chopped kale
- 4 cups chopped collard greens
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place fish in a large baking dish and season with olive oil and salt and pepper. Place fish in the oven and bake for 25 minutes, until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- In a large bowl, toss together remaining ingredients (kale to lemon zest) with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Pour the greens mixture onto a large baking sheet and place in the oven.
- Bake for 15 minutes, stirring halfway through, until greens are crispy. Serve with fish.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Zucchini Pasta (Julienne or cut large zucchini lengthwise into thin strips; stir-fry in a skillet coated with olive oil over medium-high heat until slightly limp.) NUTRITION: 284 Calories; 8g Fat (24.8% calories from fat); 44g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 99mg Cholesterol; 161mg Sodium. Exchanges: 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!