Acorn Squash and Chicken Chowder
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast cubed
- 2 large shallots chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 large stalks celery chopped
- 3 cups cubed acorn squash
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot
- 3 cups full fat coconut milk
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- In a large pot, heat the coconut oil. To the oil, add the chicken, shallots and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes, until chicken is brown.
- To the chicken, add the 7 remaining ingredients (celery through parsley) and stir. Cover pot and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 25 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
- Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed asparagus. NUTRITION: 602 Calories; 41g Fat (61.2% calories from fat); 36g Protein; 23g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 66mg Cholesterol; 397mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain (Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; ½ Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!