Vietnamese Chicken Salad
- 5 tablespoons Asian fish sauce divided
- 2 tablespoons honey divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into strips
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 large limes juiced
- 1 pound vermicelli or any thin pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 2 medium carrots grated
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 large cucumber peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted peanuts
- In a large bowl, add 3 tablespoons fish sauce, 1 tablespoon honey, 1 tablespoon olive oil, sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste, chicken and garlic. Marinate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- In a large skillet, sauté chicken for 5 to 6 minutes per side until cooked through.
- In a medium bowl, add remaining fish sauce, honey, olive oil along with the red pepper flakes and lime juice. Stir sauce to combine.
- In a large bowl, add vermicelli, carrots, cilantro, basil, cucumber, sauce, chicken and peanuts. Toss to combine.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked butternut squash. VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties instead of chicken breasts. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure fish sauce and vermicelli are gluten-free. NUTRITION: 566 Calories; 12g Fat (18.2% calories from fat); 38g Protein; 79g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 70mg Cholesterol; 95mg Sodium. Exchanges: 4 Grain (Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!