Vegetable Beef Soup
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 medium bay leaves
- 2 cups peeled and chopped sweet potato
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 4 cups low sodium beef broth or use homemade
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 large leeks chopped (white and light green parts only)
- 1 large green bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed and chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- Place all ingredients in a large crock cooker; blend well.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or until beef and vegetables are fork-tender. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Cabbage and Fennel Slaw: In a large bowl, toss together finely shredded red cabbage and very thinly sliced fennel; drizzle with orange juice, extra virgin olive oil and apple cider vinegar; toss again then serve. NUTRITION: 599 Calories; 36g Fat (53.6% calories from fat); 44g Protein; 26g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 128mg Cholesterol; 531mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain (Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Vegetable; 4 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!