- 4 large zucchini sliced length-wise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 large green bell pepper diced
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 14-oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 14-oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 large egg white
- 1 15-oz. container part skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 cups shredded part-skim Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place sliced zucchini on large olive oil lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and roast in the oven for 20 minutes. This is to somewhat dry it out. While the zucchini noodles are roasting heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic, onions, and peppers and cook about 5 minutes until onions become translucent, stirring occasionally.
- Add in ground turkey and cook until no longer pink. Add in tomato sauce, crushed tomatoes, and oregano, basil, parsley, and red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer 25 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat to cool. In a medium bowl, combine egg white, ricotta, and Parmesan. Add in 1/2 cup of the slightly cooled meat sauce and stir to combine. To assemble lasagna, spread 1/2 of the turkey meat sauce into the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking pan coated with nonstick cooking spray. Place zucchini slices evenly over meat sauce, spread on 1/2 of the ricotta mixture, then sprinkle 1/2 of the mozzarella on.
- Repeat layers again starting with the meat sauce, zucchini slices and ricotta mixture and finishing with mozzarella. Cover with foil and bake for 30 min. Remove foil and bake for 15 minute longer uncovered. Serve hot.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A tossed green salad (lettuce (not iceberg - no nutrition), salad veggies and low carb salad dressing). GLUTEN FREE: Make sure tomato sauce and crushed tomatoes are gluten free. NUTRITION: 503 Calories; 28g Fat (48.6% calories from fat); 43g Protein; 23g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 115mg Cholesterol; 1023mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 3 Vegetable; 2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!