Turkey Burgers with Caramelized Balsamic Onions
- 1 pound ground turkey
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 small onion sliced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced oregano
- 8 leaves Bibb lettuce
- 1 small avocado peeled and sliced
- In a large bowl, mix the turkey and salt and pepper to taste. Form turkey mixture into patties.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add the burgers and cook for 4 minutes on each side, until burgers are cooked through and no longer pink in the center.
- Remove burgers from skillet and set aside.
- In the skillet, heat oil over medium heat. To the oil, add the onion, vinegar and oregano. Sauté for 5 to 10 minutes, until onion is caramelized.
- In the lettuce leaves, layer the burger, onion, avocado, second lettuce leaf and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed asparagus. NUTRITION: 295 Calories; 21g Fat (61.7% calories from fat); 21g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 90mg Cholesterol; 113mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; ½ Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!