Turkey and Thyme Meatball Soup
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons almond flour or almond meal
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 large green bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed and chopped
- 2 large stalks celery chopped
- 5 cups low sodium beef broth or use homemade
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- In a large bowl, thoroughly combine first 4 ingredients (ground turkey through salt and pepper).
- Form mixture into meatballs then places them in a large slow cooker.
- Stir in remaining ingredients; salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or until meatballs are no longer pink in the center.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Cabbage and Fennel Slaw: In a large bowl, toss together finely shredded red cabbage and very thinly sliced fennel; drizzle with orange juice, extra virgin olive oil, and apple cider vinegar; toss again and serve. NUTRITION: 272 Calories; 11g Fat (35.5% calories from fat); 35g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 90mg Cholesterol; 178mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!