Turkey and Fall Vegetable Goulash
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 cup peeled and chopped butternut squash
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet with a tight-fitting lid over medium heat. Add garlic, onion and ground turkey; cook for 10 minutes, breaking up the ground turkey with a spoon.
- Add remaining ingredients (squash through lemon zest). Reduce heat to low then cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until turkey is cooked through and vegetables are tender. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste then fluff with a fork. NUTRITION: 285 Calories; 17g Fat (51.8% calories from fat); 23g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 90mg Cholesterol; 153mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain (Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!