Turkey and Eggplant Stir-Fry
- 1/4 cup olive oil divided
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 large eggplant cubed
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 medium bell pepper chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large skillet add 3 tablespoons of the olive oil over MEDIUM HIGH heat, add ground turkey and cubed eggplant and cook for 10 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- To the same skillet add the remaining olive oil. Add onions, peppers and garlic and cook sauté for 5 minutes. Then add tomatoes, lemon juice, and honey.
- Stir in turkey and eggplant to skillet and cook 10 minutes, until sauce thickens. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Turnip fries (peel turnips and cut into “fries”; toss with olive oil and bake on a cookie sheet in a preheated 375-degree oven, turning once, until tender. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste). GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: 354 Calories; 23g Fat (58.4% calories from fat); 22g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 90mg Cholesterol; 116mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 3 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!